Easy Salt Dough Ornaments! November 18, 2015 10:30
1. In a large bowl mix salt and flour.
2. Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
3. With your hands form a ball with your dough and kneed it for at least 5 minutes. Use a rolling pin dusted in four if needed.
4. Lay out some wax paper, cover in flour and bring out those favorite holiday cookie cutters! Use plenty of flour so your ornaments don't stick while forming them.
5. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and make a small hole with the end of a toothpick to attach the string or ribbon to hang your ornaments with once dry.
6. Bake at 200 F until your creation is dry. The amount of time needed to bake your creations depends on size and thickness; thin flat ornaments may only take 45-60 minutes, thicker creations can take 2-3 hours or more.
(You can also your salt dough in a air tight container and you will be able to use it for days).
Lastly, (here's the fun part), paint your creations with acrylic paints or glitter, Modge Podge whatever! and seal with varnish or even a clear nail polish.